Support and Assistance

Support is available for people who have been affected by natural disasters or other extreme events:


Disaster Recovery Payment For New Zealand Non-Protected Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holders

Status: Closes 5pm Wednesday 30 June 2027

Payments to New Zealand non-protected Special Category (subclass 444) visa holders who have been adversely affected by a major disaster.

More info HERE

Disaster Recovery Allowance For New Zealand Non-Protected Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa Holders

Status: Closes 5pm Wednesday 30 June 2027

Payments to New Zealand non-protected Special Category (subclass 444) visa holders who have lost income as a direct result of a major disaster.

More info HERE

Natural disaster duty relief

If your motor vehicle was written off in a declared natural disaster the NSW government may be able to refund any motor vehicle duty you pay on a replacement vehicle.

More info HERE

Commonwealth Bank customers Emergency Assistance

Commonwealth Bank customers impacted by floods are eligible for emergency assistance packages which can include loan assistance, waived fees and emergency accommodation for CommInsure customers.

More info HERE

NAB customers Disaster and Crisis Support

NAB has opened applications for $1,000 grants and additional financial relief to customers severely affected by flooding in officially declared disaster areas of Victoria, NSW and Tasmania. The grants provide ready access to funds to those experiencing major structural damage or severe internal damage to their property, to meet their immediate needs. This includes business and agriculture customers who have suffered severe damage to property, equipment, fencing – or loss of stock or livestock.

More info HERE

Westpac Customer Disaster Relief Package

Westpac customers are eligible for emergency assistance packages that can include deferring loan and credit repayments.

More info HERE

Bendigo Bank Natural Disaster Assistance Package

Bendigo Bank customers are eligible for relief packages including loan relief for up to 3 months, discounted interest rates on personal loans, and emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs for home and contents insurance customers.

More info HERE

Telstra customers Disaster Relief

If your service has been impacted by a disaster, whether it’s a temporary interruption or more long-term, you could be eligible for our disaster assistance packages, including payment relief.

More info HERE

Origin Energy Natural Disaster Support

Updates and financial options for customers who have been severely impacted.

More info HERE



  • The Legal Aid NSW Disaster Response Legal Service (DRLS)  disaster response service can help flood affected people with legal problems including insurance claims and disputes, financial hardship, tenancy and Centrelink. Phone 1800 801 529, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
  • Community Legal Centres  can help people impacted by floods with insurance claims, tenancy, Centrelink, lost documents and financial hardship.
  • Justice Connect offer free legal advice and representation for eligible small businesses, farms and primary producers impacted by natural disasters.




  • The Insurance Council of Australia is not a claim lodgement service but does have information on natural disasters and a hotline. Call 1800 734 621.
  • The Insurance Law Service has an insurance helpline for consumers. Call the Hotline on 1300 663 464 Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm.


  • Good360 connects brand-new goods donated by businesses to people and communities who need them the most.
  • Vinnies  can help with food, water, clothing, etc for people impacted by the floods. Phone 13 18 12.


  • The NSW Department of Primary Industries and Local Land Services can help landholders and communities with animal welfare-related issues, such as veterinary assistance, emergency fodder and stock water, stock euthanasia and burial, and care of animals in evacuation centres. For emergency assistance call the Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647.
  • Contact RSPCA for assistance with pets, livestock (including horses), and wildlife on 1300 278 358.


  • Service NSW offers one free replacement for each Birth, Marriage or Change of Name certificate that has been destroyed due to a natural disaster.